Can't connect to network - very strange issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-25 10:32:15
Model: TL-WPA4220  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I've been using powerline adapters since a few years without an issue. I have recently replaced the modem and issues started. I thought I resolved it after resetting the adapters to factory settings and setting up the network and pairing them once more. becasue I ran without an issue for a few weeks. Then it started again. Here are all the details and observations so far:

Issue:

1) My laptop cannot connect to the wi-fi when I am in the study room where the signal is repeated by TL-WPA4220 Powerline Extender. But another laptop and my cell phone can connect without an issue. => Sounds like an issue with my Dell XPS 9350 laptop. I tried resetting the network adaptors. Checked that its Broadcom wi-fi adaptor is the latest one.

2) When I move to the room with the modem (i.e. getting the Wi-Fi signal directly from the modem), there is no issue anymore. => Sounds like the power extenders was the root casue.

3) Here comes the strange issue: When I am in the room with the TL-WPA4220 Powerline Extender and try to connect my laptop to the hotspot of my Android phone, it cannot connect to it, either, IF it is at a time when it cannot connect to the wi-fi from the TL-WPA4220 Powerline Extender. The issue is frequent but intermittent. Sometimes it works fine and during that time the laptop also connects to the hotspot of the mobile phone. The mobile is connected to the wi-fi from the TL-WPA4220 Powerline Extender at that time. (I should try and see what happens when I have the connection issue and try to connect the hotspot but when the phone is connected to the GSM, not to the home wi-fi.

There are times when things work fine for a day or two, and then suddenly it becomes impossible to work.

Setup: TL-PA4010 Powerline Adapter v3 and TL-WPA4220 Powerline Extender v1

Should I rather buy an access point and throw away the powerline adapters?

Mustafa

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 287

Replies: 0