Single vs. dual offline detection: what's the difference, exactly?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-27 23:55:46 - last edited 2021-08-30 03:16:21
Model: TL-MR100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi folks,

I recently picked up a TL-Link MR100 (mistake - should have gone for the MR6400 given the small price difference!). 

I purchased the router in order to provision a backup/failover 4G/LTE connection as the one my ISP provides can be shaky.

My original plan was to wire both routers into a load balancer (which is why I didn't opt for a higher end cellular router with more LAN ports).

However as I noticed that there was a WAN port on it, I looked into the documentation -- and was delighted to see that the router can be used in router mode with the cellular connection as a backup to the one being brought in over WAN.

This is now how I have things set up. The 4G connection is providing backup to the primary ISP line connected over WAN.

The only setting I'm not sure about is "offline detection." I'm given two options "Single detection" and "dual detection." But I can't find any reference to either in the user manual.

Can somebody describe what these mean? And in the way I'm using the router which might be more appropriate?

Thank you!

Regards, Daniel Rosehill
Options
1 Reply
Re:Single vs. dual offline detection: what's the difference, exactly?
2021-08-29 23:11:47 - last edited 2021-08-30 22:39:33

@danielrosehill 

Have you tried searching in the context help menu:

I am only guessing, but it could mean the way that the router detects if it's offline e.g. DNS resolution of a popular domain or DNS resolution and ping test of a popular domain.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 945

Replies: 1

Related Articles