Archer A6 V3US Random reboots

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-28 02:45:37 - last edited 2021-09-01 05:35:43
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi.

From the past few day me and my brother both of us are seeing that our Archer A6 V3's are rebooting randomly when connected to my Isp supplied ONU/ONT (1Ge G/Epon ONU) via RJ45 cable.

It reboots if I use it as a network switch or as a router. Also this reboot is random.

I tried 2 Gepon ONU's and tried with both my Archer's, all of them show the same issue.

Voltage in my house is stable and it was checked with 3different power bricks.

Strange thing is that I have another router from a competitor brand (model 825G1) that doesn't reboot or show this issue. Also if I use the Internet directly from the ONU to PC no issues are seen.

Also the TP link if used in WDS bridging mode doesn't reboot.

I tried nearly all trouble shooting steps and have latest firmware as per the US site. Auto reboot is turned off and all settings are on default.

If anyone can shed some light as to why this is happening I will be grateful as this issue is wrecking havok for the past month.

And btw my ISP had updated the firmware recently on their OLT which is installed in the local hub. Anyway this is causing the issue with mediatek chipset?

Thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer A6 V3US Random reboots-Solution
2021-09-01 04:46:37 - last edited 2021-09-01 05:35:43

@Kevin_Z 

Hi I am using the Archer A6 v3 as a access point with another router and so far it has not rebooted. I will try it with another ISP which i will get this month to see if the issue is still there.

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Archer A6 V3US Random reboots
2021-08-30 03:26:11

@rounakr94 

What's the made and model of the ISP supplied ONU/ONT? Who is your ISP? As per your description, the issue seems more like an incompatibility issue between the modem and the Archer A6. What if you just connect the A6 to the ISP supplied ONU/ONT, and don't set up the internet on the A6, will it reboot itself?

BTW, please take a video of the A6 when it reboots itself.

Please also pay attention to that when the Archer A6 will reboot itself, whether there is any special activity in the network.

Options
2021-08-30 03:34:51 - last edited 2021-08-30 03:35:49

Kevin_Z wrote

@rounakr94 

What's the made and model of the ISP supplied ONU/ONT? Who is your ISP? As per your description, the issue seems more like an incompatibility issue between the modem and the Archer A6. What if you just connect the A6 to the ISP supplied ONU/ONT, and don't set up the internet on the A6, will it reboot itself?

BTW, please take a video of the A6 when it reboots itself.

Please also pay attention to that when the Archer A6 will reboot itself, whether there is any special activity in the network.

@Kevin_Z 

This is my ISP supplied ONU

https://www.netlinkict.com/shop/gepon-onu/gepon-1ge-secure-onu/gepon-onu-netlink-1ge-secure-onuv2801se/

ISP is local broadband named Alliance Broadband.

When the issue occurs all the lights go out on the router and the power Led blinks and then after 20-30secs the router comes back on to working condition. If ping is run at this time to the gateway IP of my ISP then it shows high ping just before disconnection (normal ping is 1-3 over wifi).

Btw I was using one of the  the routers from 2020 and just started facing the issue. I thought that maybe router went bad so I bough another one to see that there is same issue in that.

Options
2021-08-30 07:05:02

@rounakr94 

Thank you very much for all the details.

Are both routers the same V3? We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Options
2021-08-30 07:30:37

@Kevin_Z 

Yes both are Archer A6 V3 US. Imported by TP Link India

Options
2021-08-31 10:01:50

@rounakr94 

Please check the email and respond, the support engineers will investigate.

Options
Re:Archer A6 V3US Random reboots-Solution
2021-09-01 04:46:37 - last edited 2021-09-01 05:35:43

@Kevin_Z 

Hi I am using the Archer A6 v3 as a access point with another router and so far it has not rebooted. I will try it with another ISP which i will get this month to see if the issue is still there.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-09-01 05:35:27

@rounakr94 

Got you. Glad to know the Archer A6 is not rebooting when working as an access point with another router, this means the firmware or hardware of the Archer A6 is actually good, but we may need to investigate further if it reboots when connecting to the Gepon ONU.

Do let us know when you have any new finding, or there is anything new coming up. Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 636

Replies: 7

Related Articles