IP camera not connecting to TLWR845N router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-28 07:09:44
Model: TL-WR845N  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

My IP camera is not connecting to TLWR845N router. It is able to connect to mobile phones wifi hotspot but not to the router. I tried changing encryption/security, ensured that client isolation is not enabled but still it didn't work.

Please suggest the way out.

Options
8 Reply
Re:IP camera not connecting to TLWR845N router
2021-08-28 14:50:59 - last edited 2021-08-28 14:53:43

@joshibbj 

Hi,

At which point does it fail exactly?

Can the IP camera see the SSID of the WR845N router when you click "Survey" (or whatever it's called in your camera)?

If it sees the SSID of the router and you click "Connect" (or whatever it's called in your camera) will you get an error message? Does the camera's setup GUI offer some sort of system error log?

For a start I would recommend these settings on the router:

Wireless Mode: 11bgn mixed

Channel: 1

Channel Width: Auto

Wireless Security: WPA/WPA2 - Personal

Encryption: Auto

Verify there is no "Wireless MAC Filtering" enabled on the router.

By the way, can you tell us the make and model of your IP camera?

Options
2021-09-01 14:53:36

@joshibbj 

Camera configuration app is able to see SSID. I am using SMITCH 360 IP camera.

Configuration fails after detecting SSID. I tried using the router setting you suggested but that didn't help.

Options
2021-09-02 07:32:20 - last edited 2021-09-02 07:33:23

@joshibbj 

Okay.

I couldn't find a user manual for this camera on the Internet, but instead a setup video that someone kindly made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAeDfvDyHK4

So this camera model receives the information about the Wi-Fi network (SSID and password) via a QR code that is being held in front of the camera's lens.

Is your camera's LED indicator flashing red when you attempt to do the configuration?

Is the phone or tablet that you use for configuring the camera with the Smitch Secure app properly connected to the Wi-Fi of your TL-WR845N?

When you hold the phone/tablet's screen with the QR code on it in front of the camera's lens, do you hear the "beep beep" sound? If not, do you get any other response from the camera?

If you have a second camera phone available, then try to scan the QR code of the Smitch Secure app with a QR code scanner app on the other phone and then check if the information you see (SSID and Wi-Fi password) makes sense.

Options
2021-09-02 08:19:02

@woozle 

Hi,

Thanks for these details. I have already gone through it. My camera makes beep-beep sound and I can see Stable GREEN LED after scanning QR code. However in the app I see error message saying failed to connect to device. I cross cheked router parameters (bandwidth, SSID and password, encryption). All looked good.

When I try to configure camera with mobile hotspot it works seamlessly. 

Options
2021-09-02 08:51:27

@joshibbj 

I think the beep beep and the green LED should mean that the camera is actually connected to the router's Wi-Fi.

If you go into the router's setup GUI in the menu "DHCP" -> "DHCP Clients List", can you identify your Smitch camera in that list?

In case the list contains lines where the "Client Name" field is empty, then see if you can find it via its MAC Address. (the MAC address of a device is usually printed on the device itself and/or the packaging)

And one more thing to check: In the router's setup GUI in the menu "Wireless" -> "Wireless Advanced" make sure that the option "Enable Client Isolation" is not selected.

Options
2021-09-02 10:21:31
@woozle No, I don't see any new client added to client list in router GUI. I confirmed that client Isolation is disabled.
Options
2021-09-02 12:21:57

@joshibbj 

Thanks for confirming. I've ran out of ideas now. We will have to see if someone else can come up with a solution.

Options
2021-09-02 13:29:11 - last edited 2021-09-02 13:31:27

@joshibbj 

Have you tried with these wireless settings:

Wireless Mode: 11bgn mixed

Channel: Auto

Channel Width: Auto

Wireless Security: WPA2-PSK

Encryption: AES

If it doesn't connect again you may try the following.

If the camera is connecting to the mobile hotspot successfully, then check your mobile hotspot wireless settings and replicate them on the WR845N.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1089

Replies: 8

Related Articles