After adding new extender two TP-link wifi networks appear, but one has no internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

After adding new extender two TP-link wifi networks appear, but one has no internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-30 22:45:05

I originally had an AV500 4220 extender ethernet-wired to my router, and a 4020P extender ethernet-wired to my son's gaming PC in a different room.  I'm not certain that this set-up was correct but it worked ok for the PC.

I wanted to improve wifi so I got an AV600 kit with a 4010 adapter and a 4220 extender. I now have the 4010 ethernet-wired to the router, and have relocated the old 4220 to a socket in a different room. I have paired the old 4220 with the 4010. The new 4220 is also in a socket and I tried to pair that also, but now when I search for wifi networks I get two options starting with 'TP-link '.  One of these is the old network which will connect to the internet.  The other is the new network and will not connect to the internet, but I can't get rid of it.

What I want is to have the 4010 and the two 4220's and the 4020P all on the same network.  How do I get to that? Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:After adding new extender two TP-link wifi networks appear, but one has no internet connection
2021-08-31 05:33:33

@conlan42   Hello, 

It is possible that the new KIT does not pair with the old one. You could try to repair them as instruction here: 

1. Unplug the AV600 new KIT, plug in the old AV500 KIT and make sure the Old KIT is paired and working fine. (if not pair the old kit first)
  2. Plug in 3rd unit next to old WPA4220  in the same room, in the WALL sockets  and pair them

Paring Note:  press Pair button only for 1 sec, Power Leds should be flashing on both powerline units in pairing process. ( if the Power Led does not blink, press it for 1 sec again)
When the Powerline Led or House Leds are on, the pairing process is done

3. Make sure the 3rd unit has Internet first 

4. Then plug in the 4th unit, pair it with old WPA4220 

After make sure they got Internet, you could change the wireless settings for new WPA4220 using tpPLC Utility:
How to customize wireless settings on tpPLC Utility (new logo)?
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1611/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 446

Replies: 1

Related Articles