Archer C6 random freezes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C6 random freezes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C6 random freezes
Archer C6 random freezes
2021-08-31 21:20:18 - last edited 2021-08-31 21:29:05
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 Build 20200902

My router has been experiencing random freezes for the past month. The router drops all connectivity, I can't even access the router's management page. These dropouts last for 10-30 seconds and might be occurring every 3 minutes for an hour straight or only a couple of times a day. It feels like the router is either throttling due to overheating or there's a bug somewhere that causes the router to do a soft reset. I have the latest firmware installed and I've only had the router for about 6 months. I hope I can fix it or I'll have to buy a new router. Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C6 random freezes
2021-08-31 23:13:46

@Lucane 

Keep your router in a well ventilated place on a firm surface to exclude overheating problems.

You might try the latest beta or stable FW for C6 v2 from this post according to your FW region.

Disable OneMesh feature if you're not using it and test the device stability.

If still no improvement follow this thread.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 715

Replies: 1

Related Articles