This Article Applies to:
Going through the community, we found some customers sporadically report that the router randomly reboots itself. Some customers resolved the auto-reboot issue by replacing the power adapter, some got fixed by updating router firmware, some got resolved by modifying router settings, etc. This article aims to provide some basic suggestions for the issue.
When a router is rebooting itself or restarting, all the LEDs will flash automatically, it seems the router is just starting up. This may occur randomly or periodically, the internet will stop on all the client devices that connect to the router, wired and wirelessly, when the router reboots itself, and it may take 2-5 minutes, then the internet will be back as normal.
1. Check and confirm if there is a Reboot Schedule on the router, try to disable it if it is enabled.
Here we take the web GUI of the Archer AX10 for an example, you can find the Reboot Schedule under Advanced > System > Reboot as follows:
2. Ensure the power supply is stable in the house, and other devices are working stably all the time.
3. Put the router in a well-ventilated location or mount it vertically on a stand that permits the free flow of air, check the below guide to put the router in a proper location:
4. Be sure you are using the power adapter that came with the router.
5. Try to reset the router to the default factory following the FAQ.
6. Upgrade the router firmware to the latest. You can follow the guide: How to Upgrade the Firmware on the TP-Link Wi-Fi Routers?
If the router still reboots itself after checking all the above, it is suggested to comment below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject [Forum ID 270746] Router keeps rebooting randomly. In either case, be sure to provide the following information:
1. How many devices are connected to the router, wired, and wirelessly?
2. Is there any other setting or feature in your network that may cause this restart issue, or is there any special operation/activity in your network that causes the router to restart?
3. Does this issue happen when you purchased the router, or does it happen after running properly for some time?
4. Take and send a video recording of the router restarting process, especially the LED status.