Products that could help me create 5 Ghz network from cellular router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-05 01:05:09 - last edited 2023-07-13 05:42:40
Model: TL-MR100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I picked up the TL MR 100 a couple of weeks ago in order to provision backup / failover internet connectivity (my ISP router is wired into the WAN port and I have a switch coming out the LAN).

For this purpose, it works great. I'm connected up via ethernet and whenever the ISP line goes down the router automatically fails over to cellular.

Unfortunately, I didn't look at the WiFi spec before purchasing. I see that it is only capable of broadcasting a 2.4 Ghz network. My wife only accesses the internet via WiFi and says that the connection she receives is worse than when we just had the ISP router online.

My project now is to figure out a way to create a 5 Ghz network from this router- perhaps by bridging from one of the ports on my switch.

I was wondering wheter there are any TP Link products that would be suitable for this purpose - perhaps a device intended as a WiFi extender that could also be configured to work in bridging or AP mode. 

Thank you

Regards, Daniel Rosehill
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 512

Replies: 0