How do I manually change the WiFi channel?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-05 09:11:00
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have been having an issue in my neighbourhood with interference from a large WiFi antenna somewhere in my area, the signal from this antenna is making my 2.4ghz wifi unusable at the best of times, the 5ghz works flawlessly however around half of my devices don't support 5ghz, is there a way to manually choose a different channel as it seems intent on sticking with channel 3 which is the same as most of the neighbourhood when I scan with a WiFi scanner. Any help would be appreciated. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:How do I manually change the WiFi channel?
2021-09-05 20:25:52

@Whikuy 

I dont believe you can change the channel manually, however if you reboot the device it will re-scan and possibly change channels for you (its does this at startup)

What signal strength is the other WiFi in term of Db?

My concern would be that your neighbours are on channel 3 with 40mhz width.. therefore flooding 1 through to around 8..  11 is likely your only option at 20mhz wide.   From experience doing dozens, if not hundreds of WiFi installs..  2.5ghz now is virtually unusable for most people, I'm constantly getting complains around it, if you can avoid it!

Options