Connecting to a Garden Building using the DECO M4R Range

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-06 11:09:29
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build

Hi

I am using Deco M4 units connected via a DSL modem setting on my Virgin Media Router and really happy about the performance I am getting. 

I want to extend the network further to an outside Garden Building which is 85 feet from the Virgin Media Router.

I ideally don't want to run an Ethernet cable, what options do I have in the DECO Range for this problem.

Do you know if any of the DECO Range can be positioned outside and resilient against the elements?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connecting to a Garden Building using the DECO M4R Range
2021-09-06 11:49:24

@nicktibb 

The Deco doesnt have an outdoor model, but have you tried placing the Deco inside at the edge of your property and see if it penetrates the distance you need? 

If that's not an option, you could look at the EAP225 Outdoors, its not a Deco device but can be configured the same SSID/Password and mounted on the outside of your house, cable through the wall.   Sadly you wont get roaming with the EAP225 and Deco but it should cover the garden and kill that black spot if that is acceptable?

More info on this post

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/183456

Options
Re:Connecting to a Garden Building using the DECO M4R Range
2021-09-06 16:52:50

@Philbert 

Both are really good ideas, thank you

I reckon I can get away with just having another Deco m4 close to the patio door to get a good connection

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 525

Replies: 2

Related Articles