Looking for a solution to extend router wirelessly to have a wired LAN connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Looking for a solution to extend router wirelessly to have a wired LAN connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-10 05:16:40 - last edited 2023-10-31 09:59:06
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Currently my playstation 5 is connected via 5ghz router and the speed is not as expected my ISP plan is 350mbps, on the ps5 the download speed is not more than 150mbps.

Upon reasearch i found that this is achievable using wired LAN connection. 

Kindly share a solution to extend router wirelessly and can connect the Ps5 via LAN to achieve 350mbps

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Looking for a solution to extend router wirelessly to have a wired LAN connection -Solution
2021-09-10 11:26:00 - last edited 2023-10-31 09:59:06

@Bacardee 

Theoretically (since the wireless is a half-duplex technology) it could reach 433 mbps (in reality always less), but in favor of your wireless stability I would recommend the C6 in AP mode.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Looking for a solution to extend router wirelessly to have a wired LAN connection
2021-09-10 10:52:59

@Bacardee 

You have several options to do that:

1. Run an ethernet cable from the AX10 to the PS5 - best speed.

2. Use an intermediate router (like Archer C6) in AP mode - case 1, connected to the AX10 and then connect PS5 to this device (wireless or wired).

3. Use an intermediate range extender (like RE505X - Chapter 7.1 or Chapter 7.2) to connect PS5 by cable or to extend your wireless coverage.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Looking for a solution to extend router wirelessly to have a wired LAN connection
2021-09-10 11:14:55

@terziyski Thank you Terzi, what is the max 5ghz speed i can get on c6 in wds mode ?

Options
Re:Looking for a solution to extend router wirelessly to have a wired LAN connection -Solution
2021-09-10 11:26:00 - last edited 2023-10-31 09:59:06

@Bacardee 

Theoretically (since the wireless is a half-duplex technology) it could reach 433 mbps (in reality always less), but in favor of your wireless stability I would recommend the C6 in AP mode.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 726

Replies: 3

Related Articles