Question with your VPN Server Cert.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-11 21:11:06
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20210420 Rel. 39951(5553)

So,

I've been testing out the VPN server which seems to working fine, however a friend of mines asked what the "Advanced Encryption Standard" was which I checked the cert and notice it was 128, however he said to me that 256 should be the standard.

Does TP Link have a router what supports a AES 256 cert?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Question with your VPN Server Cert.
2021-09-18 09:45:15

@BolozinAction 

Hi, the VPN connections between the VPN server and the clients are protected with a 128-bit encryption mechanism on the TP-Link routers now, which is strong enough to protect the data security. Most importantly, it's compatible with 256-bit, which means if the VPN client requires 256-bit security, it can still connect to the VPN server without an issue.

However, if the VPN server uses 256-bit encryption while the VPN client uses 128-bit, there might be an issue to build up a connection, as it will require the client to support 256-bit as well. Upon this concern, I guess 128-bit encryption is more commonly used.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 436

Replies: 1

Related Articles