A few Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

A few Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
A few Issues
A few Issues
2013-03-09 22:37:01
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA551KIT

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : AR-7400-MAC-5-0-5010-02-655-20101105-FINAL-B

ISP : O2

I have just bought the kit of two adaptors and am having a few issues with this so far.

The first seems to be some very low speeds, considerably lower that that the devolo 200mbps adaptors I have replaced.

The second is that it appears I am unable to update any firmware on these units too.

My connection for the network is laptop to router port 1, homeplug 1 to router port 2, second home plug in living room.

When i open the powerline utility programme, it shows both adaptors (1 connected to local computer and the other in the second window, yet the firmware update shows as failing each time i try it.

Am rather confused as to why this is happening. I am also unable to rename the local connected device too
Options
1 Reply
Re:A few Issues
2013-03-09 22:51:31
Update - Have just done some fault investigation into the speed issues and I think this may be down to the bedroom where I am connecting to the router and the power point where the second adapter is being on separate ring main circuits, protected by RCD trips (all in same consumer unit).

The Devolo units that they replaced did not have this limitation so why oh why does this one have them?

If this cannot be resolved then I will very unhappily return them as they are not fit for purpose.

This deficiency really needs to be highlighted as I am sure there are lots of people who will be in the same situation of wanting to cross over different ring circuits in their houses
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 206

Replies: 1

Related Articles