No internet - secured message in Windows 10 laptop and Android phone

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-09-16 00:02:43
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 Build 20210719 rel.12163(5553)

I have an Archer AX6000 purchased in June through Amazon.   The AX6000 is V1 and has the 1.2.4 Build 20210719 rel.12163(5553) firmware installed.

I have 4 Windows laptops in my home environment + some Samsung tablets and phones.  For some reason, once a day, a laptop and a Samsung phone are disconnected from the Internet (not the wireless router).  It states "No Internet - Secured" in the wireless configuration.   This is fixed quick by disconnecting and connecting again to the router, but the situation has turned annoying since sometimes it happens during work conferences.

I have updated the firmware of the wireless card  and eventually, the wireless card was replaced.  This didn’t solve the situation.  With the Samsung phone, there is not much I can do.

I also contacted my ISP twice.  They have checked the modem, and everything is working fine.

I have tried connecting to the 2GHz and 5GHz wireless networks.  I have changed the channel and it maintains the same situation.

This started to happen on day 1 after the router was installed.

Options
11 Reply
Re:No internet - secured message in Windows 10 laptop and Android phone
2021-09-16 07:53:06

@LCG 

Try these settings to see if any difference:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-09-16 13:55:19

@terziyski 

Thanks.   I had already did those changes some time ago, although I have never used the Google DNSs.   I just did the changes suggested and will let you know.

PD: I don't have the "connection mode" option available in my tp link portal.

Options
2021-09-16 21:07:56

@terziyski 

Hi.   It happened again today in the middle of a conf call.   Any other suggestion?

Options
2021-09-16 21:20:59 - last edited 2021-09-18 06:51:38

@LCG 

What's the make and model of your ISP device ?

I'm pretty sure that your AX6000 WAN connection to the ISP device is configured as Dynamic IP, right ?

If you're connected directly to the ISP device, are you experiencing the same issue ?

Have you tried to change the ethernet cable between the ISP device and AX6000 and test if any difference ?

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-09-17 02:22:38

@LCG 

Except for the information asked by @terziyski, I want to know if this issue permanently happens on the specific laptop and Samsung, or does it happen randomly on different laptops and phones? 

If this happens on the specific laptop and phone, I would like to have the model of the adapter on the laptop and the Samsung phone model and its OS version, we will need to confirm.

When the laptop and phone connected to the wireless network but display a "No Internet" error, please check if they still get a valid IP address from the network.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-09-18 02:07:39

@Kevin_Z Hello, I'm having the same issue with my ax6000 on the latest firmware. Galaxy S10 on Android 11 with same issue as op note the other devices on the network still have internet connection when the problem arises. 

Seems to be the correct ip when problem arises however I'll keep an eye on that one. Had some cheap smart plugs drop once as well but haven't seen it repeat yet.

I've been over too many trouble shooting steps to list at the moment but the bottom line is reconnecting to the router solves it until the next "disconnect." Previous router never once had this problem.

Here's hoping we can sort this bug out, thanks for your time and have a great night/day!

- Yeti

Options
2021-09-18 02:30:25

@terziyski 

What's the make and model of your ISP device ?  LCG: It is a Arris Model TG2482A.

I'm pretty sure that your AX600 WAN connection to the ISP device is configured as Dynamic IP, right ?   LCG: Yes, connected as Dynamic IP.

If you're connected directly to the ISP device, are you experiencing the same issue ?  LCG: Never done it since the situation happened exactly when I changed my old Linksys router.  It happens once a day at any moment, so it is difficult to do the test.

Have you tried to change the ethernet cable between the ISP device and AX6000 and test if any difference ?  LCG: Nope... but I can give it a try.

Options
2021-09-18 02:34:28

@ATypicalYeti 

Can I confirm what are the wireless settings on the AX6000? Please mask the wireless name and password for any security concerns. Try to change to different wireless channels, and change security to WPA2-PSK, AES, then confirm.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-09-18 03:01:54

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin.

It happens only to a Dell laptop with an Intel Wireless AC 9560 160MHz interface (driver version 22.30.0.11).   This laptop has Windows 10 Enterprise v10.0.18363 Build 18363.

The Samsung phone is a Samsung Galaxy A52 with Android OS 11.

It permanently happens to these two devices at least once a day.  I have other devices in the network not experiencing this issue (including another Dell laptop with Wireless AC 9560 interface - same driver version as described above).

Please let me know if you need more info.

Options
2021-09-18 03:09:43

@Kevin_Z 

Options