Fail to Connect the mail server.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-03-10 18:11:19
Region : Denmark

Model : TL-MR3420

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 3.13.27 Build 121206 Rel.60215n

I have a TL-MR3420 router placed in a remote location. The internet connection is via 3G, and since the telco is shifting the IP every 24 hours, the router is configured with DDNS from no-ip.org. This is working OK most days, but sometimes the DNS fails to update. To be able to trobleshoot it, I am trying to make my router send a mail with the logfile every hour. This function seems to be easy and out-of-the-box, but it doesn't wiork. Whenever I try to mail the log I get the error message "Fail to Connect the mail server.".

It is not possible to enter another SMTP-port, so I asume the standard port 25 ( like this thread). Most ISP-mail services require SSL/TLS and/or use an alternative port, so I have made my own server. This server is visible on the Internet, and I (and others) are able to connect and send mails using smtp on port 25. But, still my remote TL-MR3420 keep saying "Fail to Connect the mail server.". I have tried nearly everything, including disabling authentication and giving the IP-address of the smtp server directly instead of the URL.

Any ideas?
Options
1 Reply
Found out why
2013-03-10 19:36:34
Now I found the reason. The telco (oister.dk) only allow port 25 traffic to one server: smtp.oister.dk. Using this, it works perfect.

/Rasser
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 503

Replies: 1