ZTE MF821D not supported?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-03-10 22:13:52
Region : Sweden

Model : TL-MR3420

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : Telenor

My ISP provided me with this USB dongle (ZTE821D) but the router MR3420 are not able to discover it.
I did not either found any BIN-files to download from www.tp-link.com?
Any suggestion what to do?
Options
2 Reply
Re:ZTE MF821D not supported?
2013-03-11 07:43:48
Hi Styrman,

If your prepared for a wee bit of an adventure, please join us in Australia on this thread.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?r=37947588#r37947588

The WIKI for our Redback ROOTer firmware is here.

http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/router_openwrt

Our amazing programmer, Dairyman, is Canadian.

I'd be 100% confident that we'd have the MF821D up and running in a jiffy, and at full 4G speeds as we support any 4G modem that Dovado can.

The only road-bock atm, is waiting for the OpenWRT TPLINK TL MR3420 V2 official release. Time frame a bit indeterminate at this moment.

Do you have the earlier MR3420 V1? It'll be good to fly!

Cheers

John k
Options
Re:ZTE MF821D not supported?
2013-03-27 14:25:21
Hi,

Good news.

We now have a BlackWidow release that fully supports the MR3420 V2 and the ZTE MF821D, Huawei E3276 and other late model usb modems.

Follow the links from the Whirlpool WIKI.

A couple of words of warning for users with the E3276 (and other late model 3G/ 4G modems), that we have found along the way:

1. The E3276 may under some conditions (generally low signal levels), draw more power than the router can provide. This may lead to unstable performance and connection. The solution is a USB Y - Cable and an additional USB 5v supply.

2. The E3276 may under certain conditions require a USB cable with ferrite bead 'interference isolation' to ensure stable operation.

Cheers

John k

PS Please report back with your performance results and please drop into the BlackWidow support thread HERE as there are many exciting developments on the way. We know there are many downloads of this software from all over the world, so we would love to hear the feed-back.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 567

Replies: 2