Router stopped working after cable pulled out

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-03-15 00:00:11
Region : Hungary

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V4.20.0

Firmware Version :

ISP :
T-Home

Region : Others

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V4.20.0

Firmware Version :

ISP : T-Home

Hi guys! I desperately need some help.... :(

I bought a TP-Link TL-WR740R Router, the setup went smoothly, I could connect to the internet and set up wifi connection. But after a few hours, I accidentally unplugged the ethernet cable from the router, and since then, I can't seem to make the router work. (I obviously plugged it back in.)
Setup says I have a problem with the WAN connection.
I tried rebooting, reseting, reconfiguring, cloning the MAC address.
The router is sending packages, but receiving none.
How could this happen just by unplugging the cable for a second???? :(
Options
4 Reply
Re:Router stopped working after cable pulled out
2013-03-15 02:28:38
Give us screenshot from router STATUS. What kind connection do you have from ISP?
Options
2013-03-15 09:33:08
Perhaps you can plug the computer into the modem and make sure the modem is working properly with the computer. after that, reset the router and reconfigure to see whether it will work or not.
Options
2013-03-15 21:12:53
okey,so I made some printscreens,uploading them.
Yes,the modem is woking just fine.

Options
2013-04-09 11:58:12
Why do you configure PPPOE as router's WAN connection?
I guess you are using an ADSL modem. So when you computer is hooked up with your modem directly, do you need to dial up with your username and password on the PC to access internet?
If yes, using PPPOE as WAN connection is correct. You may check if you have correctly entered the username and password provided by ISP.
If you don't need to dial up on the PC, you need to configure Dynamic IP as WAN connection. And make sure the LAN IP of router is in different IP range as your ADSL modem. For example, if your ADSL modem router uses 192.168.1.1, do change the tplink router LAN IP to 192.168.2.1.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2101

Replies: 4

Related Articles