I Need to Understand How These Units can JUMP from One Electrical Circuit to Another

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

I Need to Understand How These Units can JUMP from One Electrical Circuit to Another

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-03-18 01:02:32
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA251KIT

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Dear Sirs/Madams,

Currently One of our Upstairs Computers is attached via USB Belkin Wireless Device (Router Downstairs BT Network). It works fine -
but wanted a more secure connection via ethernet cable. This would means extensive external cabling or internal cabling requiring house redecoration.

We also have a very fast Virgin Media Cable Router Upstairs - for sons Gaming Computer - We did not want any other computer attached to this -
however it is plugged in to the power supply upstairs - Don't know if this could affect the use of any TP - Link units in the next room or anywhere else
in the house.

We are having difficulty in understanding How and What these Units can do.

Our Modem/Router is on an Electrical Ring Circuit on the Ground Floor - Upstairs has its own Electrical Ring Circuit - The Two are not Joined.

If the UNITS can somehow get from one ring circuit to another - then could our security be compromised by somebody plugged into a nearby
power supply in another building? The main reason from moving away from the antenna Wireless Device is that it could possibly be attacked
by someone close by - sitting in a car outside our house - Or a GOOGLE Van in the Area!

Please advise
Options
1 Reply
Re:I Need to Understand How These Units can JUMP from One Electrical Circuit to Another
2013-12-06 15:36:42
The Units cannot get from where out of the ring circuit if the circuit is separated by air-switch.
If there's no air-switch, but you let UNITs paired, your network is also safe.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 350

Replies: 1