TL-MR3040 doesn't work with windows 7 machine, although no problems with mac and ipad

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-MR3040 doesn't work with windows 7 machine, although no problems with mac and ipad

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-03-19 04:56:05
Region : Germany

Model : TL-MR3040

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello!

Just got TL-MR3040 from amazon, not very happy that it is version 1, they could at least mention it in the description, but whatever...

The problem is, i can not make it work with my PC laptop(thinkpad x120e with Windows 7 64 bit). Which means,

1 not possible to get into web interface to configure it, and

2 if i configure it with old powerbook (os x 10.4) to share internet from usb stick, i can connect to it's wireless network but it doesn't share internet with my pc laptop,while mac and ipad working perfect...

I've try to log in into web interface through the cable, still no luck...

Not sure i want to re-install the whole system on my laptop just to see if it will change anything, it works with any other router, and usb sticks...

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Options
3 Reply
Re:TL-MR3040 doesn't work with windows 7 machine, although no problems with mac and ipad
2013-03-19 05:08:25
Do you have an active and installed network cards in your computer with WIN7?
Options
Re:TL-MR3040 doesn't work with windows 7 machine, although no problems with mac and ipad
2013-03-19 05:43:18
Hi,

which cards do you mean? I have both wired and wireless adapters built-in into my laptop, plus drivers for the Huawei 3g modem installed, that's all...

at the time of trying to connect to the TL-MR3040 3g modem is plugged into it or unplugged, wireless adapter connected to the wifi network created by TL-MR3040, wired(LAN?) is disconnected, except if i try to log in into web interface using cable...well, it's just a basic setup which overage user has i guess...
Options
2013-03-19 06:36:56
Hello again,

thank you for asking me the right kind of question)

Yest, there was indeed active connection which were interrupting wifi, i've tried to setup windows to share 3g connection through it without using external routers, and it somehow stayed active even though 3g adapter itself wasn't even plugged...

Thanks again!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 359

Replies: 3