Extending range of wireless network with 2 TP-Link routers, connected wirelessly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Extending range of wireless network with 2 TP-Link routers, connected wirelessly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-03-23 23:54:19
Region : Others

Model : TL-MR3420

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.12.21 Build 120523 Rel.37880n

ISP : Telkom

Hi there,

I have a primary router with ADSL connection (TD-W8968) and the secondary router (TL-MR3420) with which I want to extend the range of my home wireless network.

I've done some reading and figure that I need to enable the WDS bridging on both routers for this to work. I've gone through the process of ensuring both routers are on the same subnet, disabling DHCP on my secondary router and enabling WDS and discovering the SSID and MAC Address on each router. For reference, my 2 routers have different wireless SSID's so that I can distinguish between them when testing.

The problem is that accessing the internet whilst connected to the secondary router only works while I have a LAN cable connecting the two routers. I'd like to remove the LAN cable and have the secondary router connect wirelessly to the primary router.

Regards
William R.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Extending range of wireless network with 2 TP-Link routers, connected wirelessly
2013-03-27 00:05:05
I have same problem,
and I find this "V2 igmp router occured! Not matching ours V3" in my TD-W8968 router log.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1165

Replies: 1