Advice before buying a TL-WPA271 Wireless N Powerline Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-03-26 16:27:48
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Region : UK

Model : TL-WPA271

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : UPC

I have an existing setup with WiFi and BT HomePlug in combination. The HomePlugs are the Simpler Networks models. This all works fine.

I need to improve the WiFi signal in another part of the house, and also get a Sky+ TV box that is there onto the internet via CAT5.

So I was wondering:

Will the TL-WPA271 interoperate with the existing powerline network?
If it does, will it extend the WiFi range either via the powerline network or the existing weak WiFi signal?
Can I run a CAT5 cable from the TL-WPA271 into the Sky+ box to get that on the network?

Thanks
Options
3 Reply
Re:Advice before buying a TL-WPA271 Wireless N Powerline Extender
2013-03-26 18:13:41
It will take risk to use two different brands powerline. I think it is better to buy a TL-WAP271 kit to meet your requirement just in case the wireless extender can not work with your existing homeplugs. Is your homeplugs using the Homeplug AV standard protocol. It is said that if all the homeplugs are using the same protocol, they can work together.
Options
2013-03-26 18:20:45
Options
2013-03-26 18:30:24
It seems your homeplug is plug and paly. The same as TL-WPA271 does. It seems that they can work together, but i am not 100% sure. Is there anyone have the same model with you and have a field test?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 452

Replies: 3

Related Articles