Please help me out with getting the WN722N to work, I'm desperate.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-03-27 06:39:30
Region : Netherlands

Model : TL-WN722N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Dear forum users/staff,

I have tried everything to make the WN722N work.
First, I tried to follow the guidelines by installing the driver and the support program on the CD after plugging in the adapter. When I finished installation, My only option is to "please choose a network adapter". There is only one option and that is the WN722N which is already selected. But I can't click any button to confirm or submit this and no other tabs than the Advanced tab can be selected.

After reading on the forums, I tried manual installation. I uninstalled the driver and the support program and downloaded the correct driver from the TP-Link website. I followed the steps discribed on the website and selected the Vista 32-bit driver. I also checked if the WLAN Auto Config was enabled and on automatic, which it already was. All goes well and the driver is installed. Next I go to my network center and select 'Manage Connections'. I right click on the Wireless connection (the TP-LINK adapter) which is enabled. I click turn connection on/off and I only see the option 'Broadband connection'. I already pressed refresh a hundred times but no routers pop-up.

I must state that I am only a few metres from the router, and my laptop and smartphone are connected to it right now. Also, in my Network Center, I only see My computer and a line with a red cross to the Internet (grey), but no TP-Link visible in this screen. I am desperate please help me I have run out of options...

Thank you very much in advance,

Mark.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Please help me out with getting the WN722N to work, I'm desperate.
2013-03-27 07:11:57
FIXED, Kaspersky was blocking connections.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 338

Replies: 1