Website not loading when using AES

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-03-27 14:46:38
Region : Malaysia

Model : TL-MR3040

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : TL-MR3040_V1_120822

ISP : Celcom

There is a website that does not load when the router is in a certain setting. The website I tried to access was "http://www.themalaysianinsider.com"

I have tried the different firmwares and settings and have narrowed it down to the AES encryption.

Have tried the original 120328 firmware, works perfectly with all different settings.

With the 120822 firmware, it works with all settings EXCEPT when AES is chosen as the encryption method, be it using WPA or WPA2 Personal.

I therefore pinpoint the AES encryption mode in the 120822 firmware to have a bug. Would be great if there is a fix, as I need to use 802.1n with AES, rather than TKIP.

Can someone else using 120822, with AES encryption for wireless, verify that this is happening for them too? Thank!
Options
2 Reply
Tl-wr841nd
2013-03-27 15:13:44
Same problem here. Lastes firmware doesnt fix this bug.:( Working good on some clients, some devices wokrs about 10 min a then go down. Waiting for the fix, customers make me crazy now.:mad:
Options
Re:Website not loading when using AES
2013-03-27 15:25:37

Meichel wrote

Same problem here. Lastes firmware doesnt fix this bug.:( Working good on some clients, some devices wokrs about 10 min a then go down. Waiting for the fix, customers make me crazy now.:mad:

Thanks, good to know it is not just me. I agree, latest firmware has performance issues.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 501

Replies: 2