Poor video streaming, and VOIP on iPhone & iPad using TL-WPA271KIT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-03-31 07:58:57
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA271KIT

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Virgin Media

Hi there,
I'm new to the forum, having just purchased a TL-WPA271KIT. I set the two units up today, connecting the 271 to my PC with the supplied cable, and wirelessly connecting my iPad and iPhone. The iPhone and iPad both connected with no problem, and show full wireless signal strength. However, when using the iPad on Netflix, it keeps pausing for about 30 seconds, (buffering), after about every 2 minutes or so, of watching, which pretty much makes it unwatchable.
I just tried using my iPhone on Skype, and the connection was horrible. With delays, echos, pauses and drop-outs galore...

The wired connection to my PC is brilliant, but the wireless connection to the Apple devices, was better on an incredibly weak signal.

I have attached a copy of my wireless settings. I'm not a PC expert by any means, so if I've set something up wrong, please feel free to tell me how silly I am!

Thanks in advance,

Matt :)

Options
2 Reply
Re:Poor video streaming, and VOIP on iPhone & iPad using TL-WPA271KIT
2013-04-02 20:04:36
Try to change the channel and see if it works
Options
Re:Poor video streaming, and VOIP on iPhone & iPad using TL-WPA271KIT
2013-04-02 20:10:59
I've already tried that. I've tried various channels, and even tried changing the region setting to USA, just in case they are allowed better power outputs. None of which made any difference :(

I LOVE the wired extension. That works brilliantly, just a shame about the wifi output... Maybe I just have a faulty one?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 549

Replies: 2