WDR-4300 resetting configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-04-04 17:59:11
Region : Australia

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.13.23 Build 121225 Rel.37950n

ISP : Optusnet

Hi there all,

I've had a recent problem where I turn off my router computer etc every night and the next day the router has reset to original configuration. I lose SSID, pasword, region etc and have to do a quick setup or restore a back up config each time.

I've had the unit for about 1 1/2 months and all was ok until recently when I switch the wireless switch at the back of the unit so my kids couldn't access the router and internet. I switched it back on after a while and all was ok and later shut down for the night. The next day when I turned it all on again the SSID password etc had reset.

Not sure if the wireless switching was just a coincidence...

Anyhow I contacted TP-link and was told to disable the WPS for both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. That seemed to fix the problem for a couple of days but it has now returned.

Should I try the 30/30/30 reset??

Thanks
Options
3 Reply
Re:WDR-4300 resetting configuration
2013-04-05 14:04:19
Go ahead and do the reset by the web interface.What is more, you can also try to disable the Hardware NAT. On the TP-LINK page, go to NAT-->Disable the current hardware NAT-->Save.
Options
I have the same problem
2015-05-16 05:47:45

gmail wrote

Go ahead and do the reset by the web interface.What is more, you can also try to disable the Hardware NAT. On the TP-LINK page, go to NAT-->Disable the current hardware NAT-->Save.

I don't even shut my Router of and somehow the router resets itself to the original configuration.

I put in a password, change the SSID name, etc. and two days later it goes back to the original configuration.
Options
Re:WDR-4300 resetting configuration
2015-05-19 14:18:01
Is it possible that someone else can access to web interface of your router or hard reset your router? Did you change the login username and password?
Upgrade the router to latest firmware and try to reset it to factory defaults.
Later reconfigure it and test if the problem continues. Maybe it is defective if no one reset it but it goes reset itself...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 484

Replies: 3

Related Articles