Telstra (Maxon) BP3-EXT and MR3420

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-04-06 16:36:12
Region : Australia

Model : TL-MR3420

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : Telstra Bigpond

I have no access to the router ATM, but when I went to update, it was the latest version and build of the foirmware.

I have read several reports of successful use of these two.

I am not providing one :(.

I connect the MR 3420 to the PC, power it up. I connect BP3-EXT to the router and power it up. The MR 3420 router shows a very brief connect to the USB-based modem.: the USB light on the router stays on for about 2-3 seconds.

The WLAN light on the router is on, showing a signal. Everything seems to LOOK OK

Running the setup has resulted in a couple of things. The Router's page shows that is knows the MODEM is attached to Telstra, in Australia. I do not get to put in #99# or my name and password. "Next" results in either a freeze of the Router's page "Connecting...." or I get to step through to "Congratulations, you have finished. Now connecting you to the Net"...with absolutely nothing happening on either the router or the modem. I am not sure how it thinks I am going to log in.

If I do put in manual username and password, it freezes when I try to go Next.

I _think_ that if the router page is frozen, it responds better if I pull the modem out of the router's USB socket.

The modem works fine if plugged straight into the computer.

I do remember I had a lot of trouble using a different brand of 3g router a couple of years back. Unfortunately, after I got it working, the router died.

Help appreciated. if my description is inadequate, sorry. Because several things are happening, randomly and separately or together, it has got a bit tangled. Please ask for details.

Thanks

Nick
Options
5 Reply
Re:Telstra (Maxon) BP3-EXT and MR3420
2013-04-07 16:25:03
maybe try reset the router, not sure what kind of username password you are talking about though.
Options
2013-04-07 18:59:02
I may give that a go, although I am thinking of another way.

the username and password are those that are needed to log in to the ISP.
Options
2013-04-08 05:23:54
Hi Old Nick,

If my memory serves me well, I think newer TPLINK firmware doesn't support the BP3-Ext. Which will be a problem for the V2 I think.

I've asked someone else to drop in and have a look and hopefully guide you with a solution.

Cheers

John k
Options
2013-04-08 05:53:33

Wahroonga Farm wrote

Hi Old Nick,

If my memory serves me well, I think newer TPLINK firmware doesn't the BP3-Ext. Which will be a problem for the V2 I think.

I've asked someone else to drop in and have a look and hopefully guide you with a solution.

Cheers

John k

I'm here ! Hi, Old Nick, I did reply to the same request on Whirlpool. The only clue to the problem I can see is that you say it shows a connection to Telstra, BUT, you then mention a user name and password. That is only required for Telstra Bigpond.

The drop down list for isp in the quick connect section has an entry for both telstra and bigpond - it is crucial that you select Bigpond and not just Telstra. Then tick the box to enter a username and password manually.

If that is not the problem, then maybe your firmware is incompatable. i have a V1 mr3420 and have upgraded the firmware many times over the last 2 years. In that time only once have I had a problem with a firmware not running the bp3-ext. A simple reversion to an earlier revision and all was well again.

I don't have a V2 mr3420, so can't say if that is the problem or even if more than one revision of firmware is available for it. i do know that even though the bp3-ext is not on the TP-LINK compatability list , it has always worked and worked well for me with the V1.
Options
2013-04-09 21:25:10
Hi All,

Can anyone shed some light on how to get a Maxon BP3-EXT to connect to the internet though a Aximcom MR-101N router.I have tried may different configs and no luck as yet the MR-101N reconizes the BP3-EXT is plugged into it and also I can access the MR-101N via wifi though I am stumped at getting it to connect to the internet through the MR-101N.Have the latest Maxon BP3-EXT firmware TTM Firmware Upgrade R2.0.18 and using the Telstra Turbo Modem Manager v2.2.1.0 connection software for Win 7.When I fire up the Telstra Turbo Modem Manager v2.2.1.0 with the BP3-EXT pluged into the MR-101N all i get is Modem Not Found in the Telstra Turbo Connection Manager. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers, Mark
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 468

Replies: 5

Related Articles