Static ip only

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Static ip only

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Static ip only
Static ip only
2013-04-22 22:11:15
Region : Greece

Model : TL-WA850RE

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

My wireless clients can only connect to the extender if they have static ip address,if not, the extender cant reroute the request for ip assign to router so the client disconnects.Any further atempt for connection only shows ''obtaining ip'' and then disconnect.If i enable dhcp server on extender the client is connecting but with no internet.So static ip adress is a must on all wireless clients to connect with extender?I have upgraded to latest firmware and tried extender mode 1 and 2 (my tplink router supports WDS) but no luck.
Any help/idea?
Options
7 Reply
Re:Static ip only
2013-04-27 21:23:35
Can you access internet from your wireless router directly?
Doubt you haven't configure range extender successfully.
Options
2013-04-28 09:21:53
Sure ,from my also tplink wireless modem router I can connect and have internet access easy,but when I connect through the extender I can't,I connect to WiFi but with no internet access. I tried all ways to connect with router,wps, manually from web ui with extender mode 1 and 2 and I always connect extender with router successfully, but from android tablet/phone using extender I connect to WiFi but no internet access.
Options
2013-08-06 16:08:43
I do have the same problem, I have small company that help to extend the wireless range, I decide to use tp-wa850re but i face this problem, its really disappointing!
Any solutions?
Options
2013-08-06 21:29:43
Well, I determined that the problem occurs when the TP-WA850RE is idle for some time, and the following are facts:

1. Connected clients cannot pickup a Valid IP Address.
2. The web interface is not accessible.
3. After disconnect/Connect the power from the device it begin to work again.

So its very clear that its an idle/sleep problem.
I searched for any configuration of idle/sleep mode in the settings but i couldn't find any.
But I'm pretty sure the problem not related to DHCP or Channel configuration.

Can any one from the Firm's team tell us how prevent the device from going to idle/sleep mode?
Options
2013-08-07 01:01:28
you guys did not post FW in use.
did you upgraded your AP to latest FW its http://www.tp-link.com/resources/software/TL-WA850RE_V1.20_130622.zip
and fixes are
1-Shortened WPS connection time and improved the success rate;
2-Changed WPS button policy to only work with the root device, not to clients;
3-Fixed a bug that sometimes TL-WA850RE cannot connect to some wireless networks after reboot;
4-Fixed a compatibility issue with some Samsung Smart TVs;
Fixed some vulnerabilities and improved security.
once with latest FW, do not use WPS to set yor 850 use a computer, if you are able configure method 2, see picture. use it if not method 1
post results this model has been a headache
File:
850.jpgDownload
Options
2013-08-07 12:50:24
Well danymarc,
I upgrade the firmware, it doesnt solve the problem and the device become more unstable!
Not that only but it affect the other computers which connected to router not to wa850re.
Options
2013-08-07 16:43:35
Did you test
Range extender method 1 and
Range extender method 2
With sane results
Justt checking is DHCP i disable
I posted on #6
if you are able configure method #2

if you get that behavior on your network means you cant use method #2 cause your main router does not support WDS
dont worry for that issue
become more unstable!
i get it in my network, when i set or do something wrong
example you are connecting to a router that has 192.168.0.1 and you set on your 850 AP 192.168.0.20 and you get that issue set 192.168.2.1 you are out of the subnet, you wont log into the 850 managment page wireless but you will have internet, at the end that is your main purpouse
Options