Is there a way to boost bandwidth?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-04-25 15:43:37
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA271

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Virgin Media

Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA271

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Virgin Media

Hi, we installed the wireless adapter in our shed/gym in garden. All worked well last weekend with streaming TV channels through our Virgin Media account. However, after the first few days we noticed that the bandwidth has decreased dramatically.

In the house, our Virgin Media download speed is 47.69 mbps. On the TP link network that we added in the house, speed is 28.11. In the gym, the 2nd TP link network was showing less than 2 mpbs!

Any suggestions on how to increase this in the gym please? I have turned the adapter off and on again - no luck. I have paired again by pressing the big unit first and then the small unit - no luck. I have turned off the wifi on my Mac and turned back on and reconnected it to the wifi - no luck. Turned off the Mac and turned back on - no luck.

Hope there is something I can do.

Thanks.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Is there a way to boost bandwidth?
2013-04-28 18:00:17
You can put the 2nd TP link in the same house, and test the internet speed.
Have tested the speed with a cable connection or wireless connection?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 411

Replies: 1