Any chance of any support? WPA271 & WPA281 not pairing with PA211 :(

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-04-28 05:57:18
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA281KIT

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Virgin Media

Hi, I purchased a 271 kit a few weeks ago, and whilst the powerline kit worked brilliantly for my PC, through ethernet connection, the wifi, was pretty rubbish, whilst using it to stream TV, or on VOIP, as per this thread...

http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?3209-Poor-video-streaming-and-VOIP-on-iPhone-amp-iPad-using-TL-WPA271KIT&p=9290#post9290

So, on the basis that the lack of replies seemed to indicate that nobody had experience that before, I assumed I had a faulty product, so I took it back, changed the kit, paid a little extra, and bought the 281 as well... I'm now in a worse situation than before!! - I now can't get ANY of them to talk to each other... :(

I've lost count of the number of times that I've unplugged, re-plugged, pushed and held the button on the adaptor, plugged in, either, and both of the extenders, tried using the software, (in which they occasionally appear, but not to any avail), so no. I've come to the conclusion that they're about as much use as a chocolate frying pan.

I'm now reverting to my old wifi set-up, which, whilst slow, at least works... I'm really starting to lose faith in what initially seemed like a brilliant bit of kit.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Any chance of any support? WPA271 & WPA281 not pairing with PA211 :(
2013-04-28 16:03:40
Hi Matt, how did you press the pair button to connect then? On the PA211, press and hold on the pair button for 3-8 secs; on the WPA281, press and hold on the pair button for 1 second. Before you try to pair them, put them in the nearest sockets in the same room for it will be easier for the adapters to find each other.
The second method is to use the management utility to reset all the devices. http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=312
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 590

Replies: 1