TD-W8961ND cant access router login page

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TD-W8961ND cant access router login page

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
39 Reply
Re:TD-W8961ND cant access router login page
2015-07-20 22:28:00

wiraone wrote

I don't think this is a security feature, if it is, it seems that jimasek's solution can easily defeated this security feature. I'm getting in touch with the tp-link support and see if they'll have a better solution other than by disabling the UPNP feature.

Feel free to PM then. Oh and do please share the result with us too. :)
Options
2015-07-25 13:46:18

Ada wrote

On its web interface, go to Access Management---UPnP, choose Deactivated and Save.
Now test if it still happens. :)

Not sure about the security feature disabling the admin login page after some inactivity timeout but was experiencing a very slow & sluggish web access(192.168.1.1) after sometime. After turning off the UPnP feature the modem web access is okay again without needing to do a modem power cycling. Thanks Ada!
Options
2015-08-01 17:24:47
hi
my friend's having the same problem

he cant access web interface of the modem although we checked default gateway using cmd and we typed it correctly.

internet connection is ok, we just cant do any setting for the modem

modem reset doesnt make any changes (modem's IP stays unchanged :| )

we're going to cool it down and to test it again
and will disable UpnP....

any other suggestion would be appreciated
Options
2015-08-03 09:42:49

tiaminadia wrote

hi
my friend's having the same problem

he cant access web interface of the modem although we checked default gateway using cmd and we typed it correctly.

internet connection is ok, we just cant do any setting for the modem

modem reset doesnt make any changes (modem's IP stays unchanged :| )

we're going to cool it down and to test it again
and will disable UpnP....

any other suggestion would be appreciated

Cooling it down won't help. I've created a call to TPLink and referred this discussion for their information. The last contact I have with them was, they're sending the case to the engineer.

Anyway, as the solution given by jimasek, we need to disable the UPNP feature to increase the RAM availability. To do this, if you've everything set up and working fine:

1. You need to use the supplied network cable, connect it to any LAN port. We need to disable the WIFI for a moment.
2. Turn off the wifi, there is a button at the back of the router, just push this and check the WIFI LED is off.
3. You should be able to access the router setup page now.
4. Go to Access Management, disable the UPNP. Save and activate.
5. Push the wifi button at the back to enable back the wifi.

The above should work (I did it on mine exactly as above).
Options
2015-08-04 23:17:39

wiraone wrote

Cooling it down won't help. I've created a call to TPLink and referred this discussion for their information. The last contact I have with them was, they're sending the case to the engineer.Anyway, as the solution given by jimasek, we need to disable the UPNP feature to increase the RAM availability. To do this, if you've everything set up and working fine:1. You need to use the supplied network cable, connect it to any LAN port. We need to disable the WIFI for a moment.2. Turn off the wifi, there is a button at the back of the router, just push this and check the WIFI LED is off.3. You should be able to access the router setup page now.4. Go to Access Management, disable the UPNP. Save and activate.5. Push the wifi button at the back to enable back the wifi. The above should work (I did it on mine exactly as above).
Thank you I looked for thanks button, but I couldn't find anyThanks then
Options
2016-02-11 04:31:32
Options
2016-11-28 00:28:48

jaffar wrote

They fixed the login bug in latest firmware

for TD-W8961ND_V3
http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TD-W8961ND_V3.html#Firmware

for TD-W8901N_V1
http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TD-W8901N_V1.html#Firmware

Thanks!
Options
2017-03-29 22:12:53
The same problem exist on the TD-W8961N V2 model but there is no firmware update to fix it...
Can I flash ND model firmware on my N model?
Options
2017-04-01 07:58:00
I have a Touch P5. I can't connect to the router either. Shutting it off to cool it down didn't help. I contacted the support because the wifi speed is so slow and they said there were too many hits on the router. The tech did a quick test on my computer, shut it off as soon as he showed me what the hits were and told me it would cost $150 Cdn to get a one time appt for the fix. I'm very disappointed with that. It sounds more like marketing than help.
Can anyone give me advice on what program shows you what hits are on the router? I need to clean my computer up as it might be the cause, but I think I might be returning the P5 for a second time. My first was bad, they replaced it with great service and now I'm disappointed again.
Options
Related Articles