PA211KIT speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

PA211KIT speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
PA211KIT speed
PA211KIT speed
2013-05-02 19:44:25
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA211KIT

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Virgin Media

Hi,

I have the PA211KIT powerline adaptors (v1.2) and have some questions.

I have been trying to update the firmware with this version http://www.tp-link.com/Resources/software/TL-PA211(EU_V1_4.4.zip but every time I try it I get an error saying the "firmware upgrade failed", is this the right firmware to download?

I am on a 60mb Virign Media connection. But when I run speedtests I am only getting speeds of 45mbps although, in the utility program it is saying that my powerline connection is running at 154mbps, should I expect to get the full connections speed? I have tried a wired connection from TP-Link router and the speeds are maxed out so it must be a problem with the powerline adaptors.

I have tried to pair the devices but I'm not sure if they are paired, how would I know? Should all adaptors appear in the Remote Devices list in the utility program?

Thanks
Options
2 Reply
Same problem as OP
2014-06-08 02:53:34
Im having exactly the same issue as OP.
Cant find any help anywhere.

Tried the update with both the V1 and V2 Utility programs (both of which show my network of TP-PA211 adapters but neither actually show the LOCAL PA211 adapter?!)

Tried the update with both V1 and V2 firmware.

Always fails with message "Update failed"

Any suggestions.
Basically I want to update the firmware to see if I can improve the frankly awful speeds on the powerline network.

BT Infinity - 38Mb at router, drops to 9Mb off adapters :(

Thanks!
Options
Re:PA211KIT speed
2014-06-20 16:35:53
whether you have extracted the firmware which you downloaded?
with the utility , it doesn't show the local one, but it doesn't affect usage.
for the speed problem, maybe you can put the two PLCs together or nearly.
because the PLC speed is easy to be affected by the different electronic equipment,
Put them together maybe can avoid that,
Options