2 seperate networks in one house?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-05-03 02:01:19
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA551KIT

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi All,

Can I do this...

I have 5 adapters.
I'd like 2 to connect between modem in one room and routers WAN port in another.
I'd like the other 3 to be in a different network all connecting to a switch, which then uplinks to the routers normal LAN ports.

So far I've had no joy doing this... the 2 connecting router/WAN and modem work, they were installed first.

The 3 others don't seem to work, at least devices connected to them don't receive DHCP as I think they should (2 connected to devices in one room and the 3rd connected in another room to the switch).

I've used the software to name two of them "SCloseWAN" and 3 of them "SCloseLAN", but I don't think that's helped (or worked, maybe it renamed them all?)

I guess the next thing to consider is VLANS, but I'm not sure I can do what I want to, or that it'd help.

Any ideas? - They're quite expensive, so if I can't do what I want I'll get 3 of them returned ASAP and just use wireless.
(Unless another make would not see the TPLinks and therefore do what I want?)

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Steve
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 379

Replies: 0

Related Articles