adding TL-PA4010 to existing network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-05-09 22:49:17
Region : Netherlands

Model : TL-PA4010

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 500A-1.0.0.337-01-20120309-FINAL

ISP : Solcon

Some weeks ago I bought one packet Powerline TL-PA4010 for transporting the Internetsignal from the modem to our TP-link router, that was placed in the centre of our house. It started to work splendidly in our spacious converted farmhouse without using pairbuttons etc.. So I bought another packet TL-PA4010 to extend the network for older computers that can't handle the WPA-protection. It was difficult to get the new adapters connected with the rest. I have resetted them several times and placed them near one of the other adapters. In the meantime I installed Powerline Utility on one of the computers. How to get these adapters working?
Options
3 Reply
Re:adding TL-PA4010 to existing network
2013-05-10 18:16:47
First, install the mini CD attacthed with the adapter to Windows computer. I think you have already installed it.

Second, bring all power line adapters to the computer that has already installed the CD. After that, connect No.1 adapter to computer by an Ethernet cable and also the power line adapter to the wall socket.

Third, on the green Utility page, go to Status page-->Network name-->click on use Default-->Apply.

Then unplug the first one and put the NO.2 adapter into the computer and the wall socket. Do the exact step. You need do the same step for all the adapters one by one.
Options
thanks
2013-05-11 04:36:50
Thanks a lot for answering this question.. I hope to try it out tomorrow morning. Kind regards. Bert
Options
Re:adding TL-PA4010 to existing network
2013-05-11 18:51:53
Dear Sir/Madam,

this morning I tried the above advice. Nothing changed. The older two adapters kept working properly, the new ones didn't work. Then I tried something more. I connected a new adapter with an Ethernet cable to the PC with utility -program, went on the page "System" to the last item "Set all Devices Network Name"and entered there also "Default HomePlugAV" and there the new adapter started working!:)
Kind regards,
Bert
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 812

Replies: 3