Failed to switch wireless network adapter.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-05-10 01:45:27
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WN723N

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I bought this wireless adapter from PC world. I followed the instruction and installed both the driver and the utility. But i keep getting this same error. "Failed to switch wireless network adapter."

Options
12 Reply
Re:Failed to switch wireless network adapter.
2013-05-15 17:27:08
Have you installed several wireless adapters on your computer?
If you have installed several TP-LINK wireless adapters, it can switch successfully. If they are not from TP-LINK, it's said it can't switch successfully.
PS: have you turn on Soft AP function on Tl-WN723N?
Options
2013-06-08 07:44:40
I have exactly the same problem. Bought mine from PC World today and it will not switch.
As far as I can see there are no other adapters installed on this PC.
I am not able to turn on Soft AP as this area is greyed out (as per Ali2402's pic above).
Options
2013-06-12 21:53:58
you only installed one adapter and that's why you can't switch.
Options
Switching
2014-03-08 14:56:34
So to get the adapter to switch must I install another type of adapter? Seems crazy to me if that's the case. Why can't the 822 just accept it is the default adapter & load itself?
Options
Failed to Switch Wireless Network Adapter
2015-05-02 22:01:00
Hi, im experiencing the same problem.

All the options are greyed out in the utility program as I have to choose what wireless network adapter to choose in the advanced tab.
When i chose what was available within the options, it prompted a window saying it failed to switch.

How can i fix this?
Options
2015-05-04 15:32:45
What's the operating system? Windows 7?
Enable WLAN Autoconfig to see if it helps.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-306.html
Options
2015-07-15 20:25:08
Wait, so my computer has to already have a wireless adapter for this to work? That doesn't make sense...I thought the whole point of this item was to act as a wireless adapter for computers that don't have one. In most of the product descriptions on other websites, like Amazon, it specifically says it can turn a wired connection into a wifi hot-spot with the SoftAP function.
Options
2015-07-16 14:21:54

AllenSam wrote

Wait, so my computer has to already have a wireless adapter for this to work? That doesn't make sense...I thought the whole point of this item was to act as a wireless adapter for computers that don't have one. In most of the product descriptions on other websites, like Amazon, it specifically says it can turn a wired connection into a wifi hot-spot with the SoftAP function.

You misunderstood what I said... The wireless adapter can help a wired PC to detect Wi-Fi networks...
To make sure that we can detect Wi-Fi networks, we have to enable WLAN Autoconfig which is the built-in utility.
Options
2015-07-18 04:39:00

Tony Seaford wrote

You misunderstood what I said... The wireless adapter can help a wired PC to detect Wi-Fi networks...To make sure that we can detect Wi-Fi networks, we have to enable WLAN Autoconfig which is the built-in utility.
Sorry, I wasn't referring to your post. I should've used quotes. Your solution actually worked. Thanks.My post was referring to kiwigull and Simon who both said another adapter needs to be installed.
Options
2017-07-05 23:35:57
Thank you so much, Tony Seaford. Works perfectly to me, it's very helpfull. I created an account here just to thank you. It was a divine help. Thanks a lot 100000 times.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2763

Replies: 12

Related Articles