PPPoE and Public IPs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

PPPoE and Public IPs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
PPPoE and Public IPs
PPPoE and Public IPs
2013-05-11 00:02:10 - last edited 2021-08-21 03:39:52
Region : UnitedStates

Model : TL-ER6020

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Just purchased this router yesterday and was trying to set it up last night. I have a problem with routing the public IPs. I have a PPPoE static account (5 usable IPs routed through the PPPoE connection). All of my servers have public IPs (numerous reasons but that's not the issue now) and are all on a switch. I tried to no avail to get them to route through the WAN 1 to the internet. I just left a cisco router that would allow me to connect to the internet on WAN 1 using PPPoE, and then use the DMZ with a public IP to connect the switch. When I do that on the 6020, it tell me that the subnet is in use. So what is the public checkbox for if you can't enter a public IP?

Does anyone know how to setup this configuration? I would like to route the public network through the router to use some security functions. I would like to set access rules to block certain services on different servers.
Options
1 Reply
Re:PPPoE and Public IPs
2013-12-05 15:36:02 - last edited 2021-08-21 03:39:52
if you choose public mode , then you can fill in the public IP, then you can route the between WAN and DMZ
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 737

Replies: 1

Related Articles