3G Signal level is one of the main reason for connection problem of TL-MR3040

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-05-11 23:12:39
Region : Others

Model : TL-MR3040

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

The connection problem of TL-MR3040 has been identified , it is signal level . Although I am sure all the ISP setup parameters were correct ( because I am using them on my tablet successfully ) , TL-MR3040 couldnt connect to 3G service and modem on it was continuing flashing . I have tested the router at a region close to ISP antennas where we have good signal level and " CONNECTED !! " . At the region of my home , router considers the signal level as " LOW " or "NOT EXIST" and does'nt dial :(( But when I plug 3G modem directly to my notebook , it dials . At this point there is nothing to do for users unfortunately . So the Firmware of the TL-3040 must be improved at that point to allow it to dial at low signal levels . :((( I hope TP-Link's technical staffs will be reading these lines . :(((
Options
3 Reply
Re:3G Signal level is one of the main reason for connection problem of TL-MR3040
2013-05-12 07:27:56
Does it work when the AC plug pack is connected to the MR3040?
Options
Re:3G Signal level is one of the main reason for connection problem of TL-MR3040
2013-05-13 22:07:29
Thanks for suggestion . I have tested it while AC power is plugged and on . Unfortunately nothing has changed . The device connects 3G if the signal is powerful . So the problem is associated with the firmware and 3G signal level . The firmware considers the level of signal is too low and does not dial . If I move it to a region where the 3G signal level is high , it connects by using battery / AC power both .
Options
2013-05-14 23:54:47
SOLVED !!!

By using extension cable ( about 70 cm ) between modem and router it connectes. The problem was interference between modem and router . Thanks John K and Wahroonga Farm for their valuable help.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 415

Replies: 3