TP-WPA281 Network failure ssues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-05-12 00:05:34
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Sky

Hi, I've been having issues with my WPA281 for about 3 weeks. At first the power button would flash at me. I reset the device, repaired and moved location. Everything worked fine for 2 or 3 days and it suddenly stopped working again.

This time, it seemed to have lost the powerline network and was no longer connected.

I did a factory reset, set my IP to static, re-entered all network details, moved location again and got it to work for about an hour. It failed again. I did exactly the same thing to fix it this morning. It worked for another hour or so and failed yet again.

Now, I've brought the device to pair with the powerline plugged into the router but the WPA 281 will NOT pair.

I removed it from the network and tried to pair again. No luck. It simply will not go into pairing mode.

I have no idea what's going on. I bought the device in October 2012, it has worked perfectly up until 3 weeks ago when the intermittent connectivity issues began.

Help appreciated.
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-WPA281 Network failure ssues
2013-05-17 17:20:00
Use the Utility to reset them. Install the CD and use the Utility to reset them and make them have the same network name as this instruction shows: http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=321
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 319

Replies: 1