TL-WPA281 Will not pair

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WPA281 Will not pair

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-WPA281 Will not pair
TL-WPA281 Will not pair
2013-05-13 05:11:46
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

My wireless powerline extender will no longer pair after intermittently dropping off the network for no particular reason.

I factory reset it twice and was able to get a connection to the network for an hour or so each time. After the third reset, the device will not longer go into pairing mode.

Help appreciated. £40 device that I've only had for 6 months.
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WPA281 Will not pair
2013-05-13 14:10:16
hello Terr,
if the "powerline" LED(The second light) is no longer lit, meaning the powerline connection is disconnected.
if that's your situation, i may suggest you try below:
way1: use the "pair" button to pair up the device,
so hold pair on small one(TL-PA211) for 3seconds, then hold TL-WPA281 for 1-2seconds, this action must be taken within 2mins.

way2: connect computer to TL-WPA281, and then load the management utility/powerline scan on your windows computer, login to the TL-WPA281 with
user name: admin
password: admin
after login to the magement utility, go to powerline, then station setting to add the DEVICE PASSWORD of the corresponding one(TL-PA211) into TL-WPA281,
so they can recognize each other, if they do recognize, it will show up as "online" after adding the device password.
hopefully, it works for you.
Options