MR3020: Doesn't support 2G - GPRS/EDGE and doesn't have APN settings for AIRCEL-INDIA

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

MR3020: Doesn't support 2G - GPRS/EDGE and doesn't have APN settings for AIRCEL-INDIA

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-07-18 18:53:36
Region : India

Model : TL-MR3020

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.15.2 Build 130326 Rel.58517n

ISP : Aircel

Hi,
I have the TP-Link MR 3020 Router and have been using it without problems for quite some time.

Even though there is no APN settings inbuilt for my 3G Internet provider i.e., Aircel - INDIA, I had configured it manually and have been using it without any problems.

Lately, I have observed that my Internet switches between 3G to EDGE and back and forth due to faulty signal and/or monsoon rains. My USB Modem can easily switch between 2G and 3G. But, what I observed is that the Router either drops the connection completely or refuses to connect at all if the signal is 2G( GPRS/ EDGE ).

Does anyone face this kind of a problem ?. Or, is 2G not supported at all. :(

Will be glad if these two issues are solved. One, Aircel APN built in to the firmware and two, the 2G support.

Thanks,
Richard.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 387

Replies: 0

Related Articles