Votes

Range Extenders Support OneMesh/EasyMesh in AP Mode

Votes

Range Extenders Support OneMesh/EasyMesh in AP Mode

227 Reply
RE:[Range Extender] OneMesh Supports Ethernet Backhaul
2023-03-03 06:35:11
Ethernet Backhaul should be a mandatory feature. I just bought AX archer router with the idea to test it and then decide exacly how many tp-link ax extenders i need to buy in order to use OneMesh. The cables are already implemented. I didnt expected that this future is not available. Before i bought the router i checked in your documentations that some extenders have 1g eth ports and I tought I can use eth backhaul, expecially as tp-link direct competitors have the future available for the same price ranges. This is essensial expecially in a case the client can not make a Star topology, and based on the home need to have two extenders in a chain link. Extender after extender with wireleess backhaul drops the quality too much. Please leave a feedback if you work on it and if it will be available in the future. Will wait before i get the extenders or will think about other solutions. Powerlines are not options in many places due to low quality lines leading to really low speeds (few mbps) and drops. Thank you in advance!
Options
2023-03-03 22:45:03
I just saw feedback for the same topic here: https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/232698 Topic "Under Consideration Ethernet (wired) backhaul for OneMesh products" I'm currently using Archer AX23. I'm considering of buying RE505X extenders. Can you give me feedback if you have already planned timeline for OneMesh eth backhaul compatibility for RE505X or RE605X models. Thank you in advance
Options
Re:[Range Extender] OneMesh Supports Ethernet Backhaul
2023-03-04 04:31:43

Folks, it is pretty clear this is not going to happen so if we had alternatives planned or in the works no point waiting but to go-ahead with them.

Options
2023-03-04 06:47:35

@DeepakV 

Do you have details of a DIY/Alternative?

I saw on the previous post the link to the OpenWRT, but as I could have guessed, my RE505X is not on the list...

Options
2023-03-04 12:36:46

@Piie Sorry, I did not get much help on that as much as I searched. Instead what I did, in my case, is I manually configured each of them as individual access points. I don't have to change or update my config, once set, so it was OK in my case. YMMV. Even in Mesh system with Ethernet backhaul I did not see noticeable improvement in handoff as for that to happen as advertised the client must share the same design language as the mesh provider which is rare. I find the handoffs to be decent enough but once these go bad I am changing them with other providers mesh system.

Options
2023-03-13 06:00:41

So I am done. Just put in an order for ASUS AiMesh hardware just for the ethernet backhaul.

And TP-Link lost the plot because I am even spending more money building my mesh out of routers.

Typically like have all my network equipment with the same vendor so need to find some network 

switches at the remote locations where I need more ports.

Was good while it lasted but couldn't live with the broken promises anymore. Cheers

Options
2023-03-17 12:46:03
We currently have Archer MR600. Thinking to make it as the main router with 4G+ as backup Internet instead of having another multi-wan router, then deploying OneMesh supported range extenders which will be great if ethernet backhaul is supported.
Options
2023-03-18 20:08:48

@Solla-topee Hello, 

what's the state of the feature request? I have one Archer MR600 and two RE305 and for me they are useless if is not possible "onemesh over ethernet".

Options
2023-03-23 20:45:35
Re605x + ax6000
Options
2023-03-23 20:46:48
Re
Options

Voters 121

+ 117 Voters