VPN DNS Configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VPN DNS Configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VPN DNS Configuration
VPN DNS Configuration
2021-09-24 05:34:49
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20190827 rel.78773

I have enabled the OpenVPN connection and can connect from an OpenVPN client.  I am able to access only by IP address internal resources, however, the DNS server I set in the DHCP settings does not appear to be getting pushed out to the VPN clients. Is there a way to do this?

Options
2 Reply
Re:VPN DNS Configuration
2021-09-24 05:56:24

@NoorezK 

Hi, as far as I know, the current OpenVPN software doesn't include the DDNS setting and it only generates with the IP address.

If you want to generate with the DDNS, you may modify it manually by saving the config file into a .txt and replace the IP address with the DDNS URL.

Options
Re:VPN DNS Configuration
2021-09-24 13:35:21

@Kevin_Z But my question really wasn't to do with DDNS, it was to do with telling the clients what DNS server to use to access internal resources once connected via the VPN.

i.e. When you connect to the network normally, the DHCP server can tell clients the address of the DNS server. I'm wondering if it is possible to do the same with the OpenVPN clients.  When they connect, they don't use the DNS server I've already configured for DHCP clients.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 361

Replies: 2

Related Articles