ArcherC80 dropping internet packets

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-01 16:31:52
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.7 Build 210308 Rel.60033n(4555)

Hi,

I am having wireless dropping internet connections.

Currently I have the device in router mode

ISP Router -> Lan cable -> Archer C80 -> home appliances

While on wire, there are no drops in the connection.

While on Wifi, (Smart Mode mixed 2.4 and 5) there are drops in both 5Ghz and 2.4 Ghz

Let's say you're browsing sites, and all of a sudden, when trying to load a page, nothing comes in, and then you have to refresh to get the page working.

Pings are stable, there is no lost connectivity between LAN and WAN. There are no packet drops Wifi vs Wired.

Appreciate any help on the matter.

Thanks

Jon

Options
3 Reply
Re:ArcherC80 dropping internet packets
2021-10-09 02:09:03

@JonEx 

Hi Jon, as per your description, it seems the wireless devices are still connected to the wireless network of the C80 whilst some web pages cannot be opened, how about the signal strength at that time? 

How many devices are connected to the wireless network of the C80? You can try to disable Smart Connect on the C80, then run a Wi-Fi analyzer on the computer or phone to review the wireless networks around you, find a channel that with less congestion for the 2.4G and 5G, then disconnect and reconnect to the network on the laptop and phones to confirm if the connection is stable.

Check the below troubleshooting guide for more suggestions:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/722/

Options
2022-01-21 08:39:31

I have an ArcherC8 from Comcast and I have been having some problems with it dropping internet packets intermittently for multiple days now. I have tried resetting my router numerous times, but the issue always comes back. I have talked to several people at Comcast, in addition to a technician that came out to my house and replaced the modem and coaxes cable.

At one point they told me to do a factory reset on my router (which I did) and they said that fixed it, but it didn't. I am able to use my computer just fine while the router is experiencing these issues, but every time I try to watch Netflix or play games online, they pause, buffer, or drop out completely. If there is anyway you can help me with this issue I would greatly appreciate it! And if not, thanks for reading!

Options
2022-01-24 08:39:07

jacobhue wrote

I have an ArcherC8 from Comcast and I have been having some problems with it dropping internet packets intermittently for multiple days now. I have tried resetting my router numerous times, but the issue always comes back. I have talked to several people at Comcast, in addition to a technician that came out to my house and replaced the modem and coaxes cable.

At one point they told me to do a factory reset on my router (which I did) and they said that fixed it, but it didn't. I am able to use my computer just fine while the router is experiencing these issues, but every time I try to watch Netflix or play games online, they pause, buffer, or drop out completely. If there is anyway you can help me with this issue I would greatly appreciate it! And if not, thanks for reading!

@jacobhue Is the router model Archer C8? What is the current firmware version?

When you are saying the router drops internet packets, do you mean the wireless connection or the wired connection? Do you have an issue if you connect the computer to the Comcast modem with an Ethernet cable? You can check if you have any QoS settings on the Archer C8, and ensure you have configured them correctly:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2797/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 538

Replies: 3