Slow speed when using tp-link router as access point - tp-link - AC1200 - Model : Archer C50

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Slow speed when using tp-link router as access point - tp-link - AC1200 - Model : Archer C50

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-03 16:52:24 - last edited 2021-10-09 09:48:41

Dear All,

For my home network, I am using two routers of same type - tp-link AC1200 - Archer C50. One is used as main router and another one is used as access point.

While I get the assured speed of 250 mbps at the main router, I am getting around 90 mbps speed at the access point, i.e. devices connected to the access point. Why speed thru' access point is slow? Pls. note that the main router and access point are connected via CAT6 cable - there should not be cable speed related issue, I suppose.

I expect the devices, connected to the access point, to get at least 150 MBPS. Am I missing anything in configuring the access point?

Pls. Advise.

Thanks,

Murugesan

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Slow speed when using tp-link router as access point - tp-link - AC1200 - Model : Archer C50-Solution
2021-10-03 18:53:40 - last edited 2021-10-09 09:48:41

@Phoenix_Home 

Hi,

The two Archer C50 routers you've got do only have 100 Mbps LAN and WAN Ethernet ports.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/wifi-router/archer-c50/#specifications

That means the maximum throughput is limited to theoretically 100 Mbps (practically more like 95 Mbps) if the data passes through any of the Ethernet ports, no matter how high the quality of your cables is.

In case the routers are brand new, then you could check with the seller if he would be willing to take them back.

For about 10 € or US$ more you should be able to get a router model with Gigabit LAN and WAN ports.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Slow speed when using tp-link router as access point - tp-link - AC1200 - Model : Archer C50-Solution
2021-10-03 18:53:40 - last edited 2021-10-09 09:48:41

@Phoenix_Home 

Hi,

The two Archer C50 routers you've got do only have 100 Mbps LAN and WAN Ethernet ports.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/wifi-router/archer-c50/#specifications

That means the maximum throughput is limited to theoretically 100 Mbps (practically more like 95 Mbps) if the data passes through any of the Ethernet ports, no matter how high the quality of your cables is.

In case the routers are brand new, then you could check with the seller if he would be willing to take them back.

For about 10 € or US$ more you should be able to get a router model with Gigabit LAN and WAN ports.

Recommended Solution
Options