Extended my existing WiFi, but extender not extending

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-07 09:16:42 - last edited 2021-10-07 10:46:48

Hm... AV1300 is not in the model list. That's what I'm using.

I logged on to the tplinkplc.net page and selected the Wi-Fi Clone option, and used the WPS button to copy the network settings to the extender. The Wi-Fi light is now lit on the master extender box, and the "TP-Link..." Wi-Fi network no longer shows up as an option.

However: the slave box does not appear to be working as a Wi-Fi network any more! It is plugged in at the far end of the house where signal strength from the router is very weak, and just a meter the other side of it, no signal. It was plugged in to the same socket an hour ago and the TP-Link network was a super signal there.

So... cloning the Wi-Fi has disabled the working "TP-Link..." Wi-Fi network, and not replaced it with a working extension of my router's Wi-Fi.

Any suggestions, and can I go back to how it used to be?

*Edit* D'oh, I had them plugged in the wrong way round. The big unit with the three cable sockets and more lights, that one I had plugged in right next to the router. The little one was plugged in all the way at the far end of the house. That's wrong! The big one with more lights is the one with the Wi-Fi hardware in it, so that one needs to go at the far end of the house.

I already did a factory reset, though, before realizing this. Now I need to do the clone again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 431

Replies: 0

Related Articles