Archer C6 V2 log in issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-17 08:20:01
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.7 Build 20201010 rel.49458(5553)

Archer C6(US) version Login issue

I bought my Archer C6 from a local shop in Bangladesh, but i got a Archer C6(US) version. Its about 5-6 months my router shows that fireware update available, recently i update it to 1.1.7 Build 20201010 rel.49458(5553) but after the update i just facing trouble and trouble. I just cant login my router, after trying for several times i can log in but even then its very unresponsive. i also can log in to my router using Tether app. Now i want to downgrade it.

I tried US website of TP-Link but their i cant match my rel. number with the fireware. Is it a problem if i do not match the rel. number before upgrade or downgrade a fireware ? 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C6 V2 log in issue
2021-10-17 13:41:58 - last edited 2021-10-17 14:06:02

@Shahjahan_Alam 

Hi,

If your router is showing weird behavior after a firmware update, then it is recommended to restore the router to its factory default settings (either via the provided function in the config GUI or by holding the reset button for > 5 seconds) and then configure the router again from scratch.

For a manual firmware update it is essential that you download the firmware file for the correct model (C6) hardware version (V2) and region (US).

The firmware release version naturally is different for every firmware release.

I am not sure if you will be able to downgrade the firmware via the router's configuration GUI. Some routers don't allow firmware downgrades. In such case it can usually only be done via "special" procedures.

Options
Re:Archer C6 V2 log in issue
2021-10-17 14:22:11

@Shahjahan_Alam 

There's a even newer FW version for your router - here. It's a version 1.1.8 from 2021-06-09.

I would advise you to upgrade to this one.

These are release notes:

Modifications and Bug Fixes
1. Add the OneMesh button;
2. Enhance device security;
3. Fixed the bug that Daylight Saving Time causing Parental Control to take effect incorrectly;
4. Fixed the bug that change the router's name on tether will not take effect;
5. Fixed the bug that unstable WAN connection under certain circumstances.

Noted: For Archer C6(US) 2.0

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 495

Replies: 2

Related Articles