Keeps dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Keeps dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Keeps dropping
Keeps dropping
2021-10-17 14:09:36
Model: TL-WPA4220  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 200108

Okay, I'm frustrated.

I have the TL-PA4010(US) V3 running firmware 171219 and the TL-WPA4220 V5 (my old one busted and had to buy a replacement) running firmware 200108 and I can't make this work.  First, they wouldn't pair automatically (the pair button on the WPA4220 seems defective and wouldn't do anything), so I paired them manually using the TpPLC app. Cool.

Now the WPA4220 will only stay connected to any device for a few seconds and then stop. This happens in every outlet throughout the house. Never happened with my old device.  My next step was to try to update the firmware for the device, but the download from here keeps showing a .bin file and the TpPLC will only accept .nvm with a .pib.

Anybody have any ideas? Is updating the firmware the key? If so, how do I find the .nvm/.pib or how do I muscle in a .bin file?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Keeps dropping
2021-10-21 03:28:38 - last edited 2021-10-21 03:36:43

Hello@ss.trvs 
Firmware for WPA4220: https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/tl-wpa4220/

(select Hardware according to the back label of device before download corresponding firmware )

Bin. file is the firmware file for 'wireless' powerline unit, firmware update through Web page of wireless powerline unit ( if your tpPLC Utility only ask NVM/PIB )
FAQ->How to update the firmware of Powerline ac Extender via web-based management interface (new logo)?

NVM& PIB  (or GGL) is the firmware file for wired powerline units, firmware update via tpPLC Utility:

FAQ-> How to update the firmware using tpPLC Utility (new logo)?

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 289

Replies: 1

Related Articles