Deco app missing "Internet Speed Test"

Votes

Deco app missing "Internet Speed Test"

104 Reply
RE:Deco app missing "Internet Speed Test"
2023-03-30 09:33:43

@Kvslab TAW2

Hi, Welcome to the community.

Your current feedback might be another issue---"Test Speed" in the Deco Lab and you could get more details here: 

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/603532

This feature is not model related and it used to be a built-in feature on the Deco APP. It will not come back as part of a subscription option later.

Best regards.

Options
2023-04-03 21:34:40

@David-TP 

I have to add on that missing a native speedtest from the router is kind of ridiculous. Just bought an XE75 system, spent a little while hunting the app looking for what is a standard feature, and very surprised to find it missing. 

Please let me know an ETA for when this will be fixed. If not soon I'll likely be returning them. Thanks. 

Options
2023-04-17 14:17:27
Super useful feature!
Options
Re:Deco app missing "Internet Speed Test"
2023-04-17 14:18:18

Very disapointed this is not available in my app for the X55's I just bought.  I use M5's at multiple other locations for family and friends, being able to remotely test the internet speed was super useful.  Please back this simple feature!!!

Options
2023-05-07 06:20:18 - last edited 2023-05-07 06:34:44

This feature is much needed as it is convenient to test the stability and speed remotely without using external speedtesting sites like ookla. It also would be good to Speedtest on specific Decos as the location varies so it is easier to determine speeds. As a customer that purchased a pair of deco x50 I am disappointed that this feature is not a feature in this app. I hope that this feature will be added in the near future.

Options
2023-05-15 13:32:55
Came from a 7 year old Google Wi-Fi mesh that had this feature to a brand new and much better performing x55 that doesn’t have it. Basic function and should be there. Can’t imagine a reason why it’s not at least in beta or behind a disclaimer.
Options
2023-05-18 20:21:22
The speed test function of the deco labs section of the app was a key part of the diagnostic report. Why would a feature that already existed be removed without obvious reason? Please bring it back to make the app as useful as it once was.
Options
2023-06-14 23:27:35

@Justin8207 

As others customers mentioned, this is a necessary tool for multiple reasons. I have had this feature on other mesh systems. 

If this isn't available I will be switching out tp-link devices for another brand. Too many choices to not have this obvious feature on a $300+ system.

Options
2023-06-20 18:57:02

This is the most rediculous decision to remove this feature. It is absolutely invaluable for determining network performance. My M9 untis have been excellent, my X20 units are a mess, now the speed test is removed. Time to leave TP Link for another vendor. It is not looking good.

Options
2023-06-21 21:45:24
Having speed issues. My ISP came out and got gigabit speed at the cable that goes in to the router, but somehow I'm losing 25% of that speed going through the router
Options

Voters 79

+ 75 Voters

Tags

Test Internet Speed