Powerline TL-WPA7517 only works while attempting to pair

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-25 18:27:12 - last edited 2021-10-25 18:32:10
Model: TL-WPA7510 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

My kit arrived today, after following all the recomendations i found in the manual and online i just can't get the extender to work properly, i tried to pair them in the same room, didn't work, both power led's just kept blinking for 2 minutes, but all ights in the adapter are on so i think the adapter is working as intented if i try using it even without pairing i get a superbly inconsistent connection (powerline and ethernet light turn off and on on the extender every minute and i only get connected to the internet for like 5 seconds) , i tried using it also with a adapter from a tenda powerline (which works fine but due to one of the plugs beeing internally damaged i get packet loss when starting to use high download speeds, thus having bought this tp-link kit) but i get the same result.

But when i press the pair button on the tp-link extender all lights turn on (powerline, ethernet, wifi), power led keeps blinking as its trying to pair and i get a perfect connection during those 2 minutes, low ping, max download speed, no packet loss, but after the 2 minutes pass and the power led goes back to beeing on, and all goes to sh*t again and i get disconnected (same happens if i use the Tenda adapter instead of the tp-link adapter) which makes me belive theres something blocking my connection in the tp-link extender.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Powerline TL-WPA7517 only works while attempting to pair
2021-11-09 07:45:39

@MrSnipyCat 

I also had this problem with 2 kits, First bought one 3 Nov 2021 and today got a replacement unit. Same problem.

Options
Re:Powerline TL-WPA7517 only works while attempting to pair
2021-11-09 10:22:45

SOLVED

My AV2000 TL-PA9020P works with the adapter TL-PA7017 that comes with the TP-WPA7517. 9020P does not have WIFI capabilities.

I disabled one of two WIFI frequencies in 7517 (2.4 GHz to be exact) and WIFI connection does not drop off anymore.

The powerline connection also stabilised.

Options