Impossible to access my router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-26 12:22:41

Hi All,

I cannot access my router in order to do fine tuning in the setup. When I type 192.168.0.1 I have the router interface page but only for login (password) they dont ask my user name ??? so its impossible for me to access this router ... Any idea please ?

router is a AC2600/EC440-G5u

I am using a cable between my computer and the router
I have used several different browsers,
several re initializations
router reset
etc .... nothing will help !!

Can someone here help me please ?

Many thanks in advance

JP (from France)

Options
19 Reply
Re:Impossible to access my router
2021-10-26 12:50:04

@jpkan 

If after reset you can't login with an "admin" password, you should ask your ISP for help.

I assume the device has been provided to you by your ISP.

If that's the case its FW probably has been tailored for your ISP and they should know this password.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-10-31 00:30:34 - last edited 2021-10-31 00:37:20

@terziyski 

Thanks for tour answer, so I contacted my ISP who provided the router

A technician came to my place, and he could access the router without any problem with his laptop after keying in UN + Password .....

Nothing worked with my laptop (3 different browsers - cable or wifi) and/or my smartphone only my password is requested and not the pair "UN/password" .....

The technician told me he never saw that and that the only possibility was the difference of language configuration between the router and my laptop  (Malaysian ISP, French Windows and Android). How can this be possible ? any clue please ? if it might be possible what kind of solutions would you recommend please ...

This cant be possible since 2 weeks ago i could do it 1 km away from where I am now with my hardware and with another router (same ISP) using this ISP internet

The technician signed his report after stating that it was not the ISP reasonability ......

Options
2021-10-31 01:14:13

@jpkan 

Hi,

When the technician opened the login page of your router on his laptop computer, did it look the same as when you open it on your laptop, with the only difference being the missing entry field for the Username?

Or does the login page look completely different if you open it on your laptop?

Can you maybe post a screenshot of the router's login page here?

Options
2021-10-31 12:11:04

@jpkan 

If your login page looks like this:

Then router expects its local administrator password to log in with.

But if you click on TP-Link ID:

Then router would expect you to log in with your TP-Link ID and password.

As woozle suggested post a screenshot to clarify this.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-11-03 06:09:30

@woozle 

woozle wrote

@jpkan 

Hi,

When the technician opened the login page of your router on his laptop computer, did it look the same as when you open it on your laptop, with the only difference being the missing entry field for the Username?

Or does the login page look completely different if you open it on your laptop?

Can you maybe post a screenshot of the router's login page here?

Thanks woozle

Yes when the technician opened the login page of my router on his laptop computer, it look the same as when I open it on my laptop, with the only difference being the missing entry field for the Username .... He had both UN and password fields .....

I'll post a screenshot as soon as I know how to do it !!!

Options
2021-11-03 06:26:16

@woozle 

this is the page (TIME being the local ISP I'm using) you have asked me

File:
time.jpgDownload
Options
2021-11-03 06:28:00

@terziyski 

No I dont have this "tp link ID"
thanks

Options
2021-11-03 16:28:25 - last edited 2021-11-03 16:33:37

@jpkan 

I couldn't find a user manual for your AC2600/EC440-G5u model online, but I did find one for the model AC2600/EC440-G4u, which I guess should be similar. The EC440-G4u model's user interface is indeed the type that only requires a password for the login, no username. So, I think what you are seeing makes sense.

Is there a chance that the technician actually logged-in to another device when he was asked for a username and password, maybe a modem router that the AC2600's WAN port is connected to?

By the way, according to information on the Internet, the passwords for routers that are supplied by the ISP TIME are apparently in the format "TIME****", with the four stars being the last four digits of the router's MAC address. For example, if the MAC address printed on the label on the underside of the router was "11-22-33-44-55-66", then the router's password should be "TIME5566". (without the quotes)

Options
2021-11-04 06:28:48

@woozle 

Many thanks for your time !

1-The technician logged in MY router and this kind of router really needs both UN + Password

2-Yes you are right for the password, of course i've used the default password after reseting the router but it doesn't work even after changing my windows keyboard from French to US English (as they use here in Malaysia)

3-I have 3 PCs (French Windows 10 OS) + 2 phones (French Android), it does not work with any of those  ........ BUT .... yesterday evening I tried with 2 local computers from local friends (one W10 OS + one Ipad) and it worked ..... UN and Password are requested and I could access the parameters of the router without any problem (just like the local technician) ...

So would do you think about that ? I really want to access the routers parameters by myself when I want .....

thanks again !

Options
2021-11-04 08:14:38 - last edited 2021-11-04 08:15:07

@jpkan 

Have you tried to bypass the browser cache and go incognito to open the device's web interface ?

Here's how do that in different browsers:

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3356840/how-to-go-incognito-in-chrome-firefox-safari-and-edge.html

Options