AV1300 No longer pairing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AV1300 No longer pairing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AV1300 No longer pairing
AV1300 No longer pairing
2021-10-29 22:16:36

Hello,

A few months back I bought the AV1300 powerline adpators. I had some issues intitally pairing the 2 devices but managed to fix this by connecting them through the TP Link Utitlity app.

They had been working fine, but recently they have been unpairing sporadically. I had been managing to get them to re-pair quite quickly initially by just turning them off at the plug or resetting them. However now I cannot seem to get them to re-pair.

I haven't changed the setup at all and have no other new electronic devices, so I'm not entirely sure what is causing them to unpair intitially and also why they won't now re-pair.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Options
4 Reply
Re:AV1300 No longer pairing
2021-10-30 13:51:50
There are several AV1300 devices so I doubt that people have enough info to help you. I have an AV1300 kit but there were TWO devices in it a Standard Ethernet powerline device and a TL-WPA8630p dual band WiFi device. There is a major fault wit hthe TL-WPA8630p device that keep crashing the home network. Now there is a TL-WPA8631p version out and TP-Link have done nothing of any worth to fix the problems with the old device. If you have one of the WiFi devices you may well find that that is the source of your problems. They work for a moment, maybe a while then they crash the powerline network. Take a look at the Other posts on DHCP (Ip address serving being done by the TP Link device - which wasn't documented and is the problem)
Options
2021-10-30 17:30:32

@PC_60 Thanks for your reply and sorry for missing that info off! The box lists the kit as TL-PA8010P. This isn't on the ones you listed so could it be a separate issue?

Options
2022-01-03 18:27:15
Hello Did you ever get a response from TP technical. Mine has dropped out just before Christmas and I to pair them now they have dropped out again and I can't pair them. I have the TL-WPA8630P kit with the PA8010P It does say there is a 3 year warranty on the box so if its a defective item they should replace I guess.
Options
2022-01-04 15:24:03

@SandyV 

Well, not exactly.  If you refer to the top thread discussing the devices acting as a DHCP server (i.e. it issues its own IP address for devices, instead of teh main modem/router that should issue IP addresses) I did keep chasinf for an update.  In all honesty you will see that the FOrum Mod responed to me just before Christmas and setup a tech support call for me.     That resulted in a series of email exchanges with a chap in their support team, who kept appologising for TP-Link but we never actually got a solution and still TP-Link have not issued a final firmware update to fix the problem I had.  None of the so called Beta firmware variants that they have posted will actually update the firmware in the TL-WPA8630p (mine is a version 2) so they don't work and it is impossible to leave the TL-WPA8630p connected to teh powerline circuit without it causing problems.

I have resigned myself that I spent over £200 on TPLink kit that is just bin fodder and will not buy their kit ever again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 732

Replies: 4